North Carolina Diabetes Advisory Council
Congratulations to our 2018 DAC Award Winners: Healthy Communities Department at Cone Health, Melissa Herman of FirstHealth Diabetes & Nutrition Center, Rachel Marquez of Healthy Communities Department at Cone Health, Susan Houston of Vidant Health, and Ahunna Freeman of Southside Discount Pharmacy. Thank you for your work in diabetes prevention and management. Read more.
The Diabetes Advisory Council (DAC) of North Carolina was created in 1984 as an advisory group to the Diabetes Prevention and Control program. The DAC works to reduce the burden of diabetes through coordination among the many stakeholders in diabetes control in North Carolina.
- Educate and publicly validate early detection, treatment and self-management training for diabetes control, as a health priority for all North Carolinians.
- Provide scientific credibility and public validity for new service priority areas and interventions based on evolving clinical and epidemiological studies and technology.
- Foster interagency collaboration and networking for identification, utilization and expansion of resources for diabetes control services.
- Evaluate, present and propose strategies for the control of diabetes in North Carolina in terms of assessed need, estimated costs, potential benefits and probability of success of each strategy.
- NC Diabetes Advisory Council Overview
- NC Diabetes Advisory Council Member List
- NC Diabetes Advisory Council Bylaws
- NC Diabetes Advisory Council New Member Orientation Checklist
- NC Guide to Diabetes Prevention and Management PowerPoint Presentation
Upcoming Diabetes Advisory Council Meetings
- Date: Friday, November 8, 2019
Past Diabetes Advisory Council Meetings
May 3, 2019:
Follow-up Discussion about DAC Survey Results
Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support (DSMES) Toolkit
Diabetes Free NC
A Diabetes Educator Delivers So Much More Than Education
February 8, 2019:
Results of the NC DAC Survey
Update of 2018 Diabetes Guide Evaluation Measures
SAS Diabetes Registry
Overview of Newly Renovated Diabetes NC Website
Health Aging NC and Funding Opportunity
June 1, 2018: Agenda | Minutes
NC Health Equity Report
UK DIRECT Clinical Trial: Finding Implications for North Carolinians
North Carolina Medicaid Transformation & Diabetes
CCCPH 1815 and 1817 Overview
February 9, 2018: Agenda | Minutes
Results of 2017 Coalition Assessment Survey
Research Innovations: Blood Sugar Testing?
Update of 2017 Diabetes Guide Evaluation Measures – guide promotion
Update of the 2017 National Diabetes Self-Management Education Standards
New Resources for DSMES
This guide includes basic information about diabetes, its effects on the North Carolina population, and suggestions on how individuals can prevent and manage the disease. The guide also includes specific strategies for community groups, employers and health care providers to help people manage their risk for developing diabetes, gain and maintain control of diabetes, and reduce risks for diabetes-related complications. Click the image to read the guide.