North Carolina Diabetes Advisory Council
Congratulations to our 2018 DAC Award Winners: Healthy Communities Department at Cone Health, Melissa Herman of FirstHealth Diabetes & Nutrition Center, Rachel Marquez of Healthy Communities Department at Cone Health, Susan Houston of Vidant Health, and Ahunna Freeman of Southside Discount Pharmacy. Thank you for your work in diabetes prevention and management.
The Diabetes Advisory Council (DAC) of North Carolina was created in 1984 as an advisory group to the Diabetes Prevention and Control program. The DAC works to reduce the burden of diabetes through coordination among the many stakeholders in diabetes control in North Carolina.
- Educate and publicly validate early detection, treatment and self-management training for diabetes control, as a health priority for all North Carolinians.
- Provide scientific credibility and public validity for new service priority areas and interventions based on evolving clinical and epidemiological studies and technology.
- Foster interagency collaboration and networking for identification, utilization and expansion of resources for diabetes control services.
- Evaluate, present and propose strategies for the control of diabetes in North Carolina in terms of assessed need, estimated costs, potential benefits and probability of success of each strategy.
Upcoming Diabetes Advisory Council Meetings
- Date: Friday, February 8, 2019
- Date: Friday, May 3, 2019
- Date: Friday, November 8, 2019
Past Diabetes Advisory Council Meetings
June 1, 2018: Agenda | Minutes
NC Health Equity Report
UK DIRECT Clinical Trial: Finding Implications for North Carolinians
North Carolina Medicaid Transformation & Diabetes
CCCPH 1815 and 1817 Overview
February 9, 2018: Agenda | Minutes
Results of 2017 Coalition Assessment Survey
Research Innovations: Blood Sugar Testing?
Update of 2017 Diabetes Guide Evaluation Measures – guide promotion
Update of the 2017 National Diabetes Self-Management Education Standards
New Resources for DSMES